Thursday, July 22, 2010

TEXTING HELP REQUESTED!

Okay, here's the deal... a fifteen year old published his first book, texted everyone in the high schools, sold out and made the NYT best sellers list. Now, I wonder...why can't this work for me! Well, I'm still learning how to text, I guess. My daughter Amber teases me because I try to send text to my speed dial numbers, then I wonder why the text is never received. I guess I just need to get on the ball, or the stick, or whatever it is you get on nowadays and try and get, hhmmm... 4 or 5 thousand people to come to book signings. That should be easy enough. Think? Well, let's see... old fashioned way... I tell someone, you tell someone, they tell someone else and so on and so on... I'm afraid I'm still stuck in the past a lot, so I guess I need a few fifteen year olds to help me promote my book sales! Any volunteers?
Please relay( in whatever method you feel most comfortable with) the following dates, places and times to any and all you know, meet, or would care to meet... these UPCOMING events for Moon Dance ~ a novel by me, Susan K. Earl. They are happening on/at:
1. August 14th Prospero's Books 210 N. Washington Ave. Marshall, TX 10 - noon
2. August 21st Borders Books in the Arlington Highlands 4000 Arlington Highlands Blvd. Arlington, TX 2 -4 p.m.
3. August 28th Borders Books 5615 Colleyville Boulevard #100 Colleyville, TX‎ 1:00 – 3:00 p.m.
4. Sept. 4th Hastings Books 791 N Highway 77 Waxahachie, TX4:00 – 6:00 p.m.

I'm hoping I see you there... at one or all my future signings! To find out more about me or my novel, Moon Dance, please visit me at http://susanearl.tatepublishing.net/
THANK YOU!

Blessings to all,

Susan

3 comments:

  1. Susan...I could use a few teenagers to market my book as well. Good luck with your book signings. Wish I could be there to meet you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susan, I'm fast on the keyboard, but not with texting on a phone :)I make too many typos. I'd like to invite you to join my blog at http://barbarajrobinson.blogspot.com I look forward to following yours. Blessings, Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dolores,
    My daughter is lightening fast when she texts, but I'm so slow... and most of my friends are not text savvy yet, although we're all trying! LOL

    Hi B.J.,
    I know, I still use the standard phone when I text. My daughter set it up so it worked more like a regular keyboard, but that was too much for me to handle because then I couldn't figure out how to use the number pad to make calls! Someday maybe I'll get it!
    I look forward to reading and following your blogs!

    ReplyDelete