Thursday, September 2, 2010

Moon Dance ~ a novel - More than a Romance

I agree with everything said about this wonderfully written love story set in the Great Depression. The characters jumped off the page and made me feel that I was there among the families and their troubles. And yes, I didn't want the story to end. But the thing that stirred my heart the most was the revelation that came to me as I read the story and realized how Maggie and Joe showed their love for each other at such a tender and innocent age! It made me ashamed that I had let the fire of that "loving feeling" become just a flicker as my husband and I celebrated our 35th anniversary. We still love each other, but had become complacent in showing that love on a daily basis. Believe me, when I started renewing that fire with just little things that I said and did during the day, it was returned to me many times over. As parents and grandparents we should be teaching our children and grandchildren how to love each other in those special tender ways because the physical passion may not always last but we can enjoy each other's love in many ways. That is how God intended it. Linda Niemeir, Co-Author of Sharecropping in North Louisiana: A Family's Struggle Through the Great Depression http://www.niemeir-duff.com

No comments:

Post a Comment