Saturday, January 1, 2011

Thought for the Day

Be like the bird that, passing on her flight awhile on boughs too slight, feels them give way beneath her, and yet sings, knowing that she hath wings.  ~Victor Hugo

I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me.  They have clung to me all my life.  ~Abraham Lincoln


When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me."  ~Erma Bombeck

When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight.  ~Kahlil Gibran

In my distress I came to Jesus, I had no rest, but full of fear. He heard my cry, he made me whole, and he became the keeper of my soul. In love he did draw me, he called me by name, to his voice I did listen, and to him I came. His peace he did give me as I entered his fold, now he reigns in my heart as the keeper of my soul. ~ Nita Owen - 1982


Just a lily in the garden, standing pure and white and clean, Father let my light bloom like it, for my savior I have seen. In his word there are the lilies growing in the field of white,  fill me that I may grow to be a reflection of his light. ~ Nita Owen - 1982


Thank you, Mama, for always being a reflection of God's light in my life. I will miss you greatly, but I know you will be the lily in God's garden, and you too may feel as though the bough beneath you is weak, but you know as your spirit sings God's praises, you are carried safely to the promised lands on angels wings. 
I love you deeply, Susan

1 comment:

  1. Oh Susan...I am so sad for you. I know your sorrow because I have lost a parent too and I know what it is like to watch a loved one suffer yet I know they are going to a better place. Our loss is Heaven's gain. Take gentle care. You and your Mama are still in my thoughts and in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete